Pages

Sunday 7 October 2012

Ready...get set...sew!

Here comes THAT word that some people dread hearing before December...CHRISTMAS! So sorry to say it out loud so early, but I have to start thinking about Christmas as soon as the children start the new school year in September! I always do a couple of craft fairs in the run up to the festive season, so a lot of sewing needs to be done, and thus a lot of creative Christmas thinking and planning too! Now, before I could even start thinking about tackling the mammoth task of sewing a gazillion new projects, I had to sort out the mess in my sewing corner from the spring's sewing flurry! And, while it's all tidy and somewhat organised, I thought I'd take a couple of snaps to share as part of our Home Tour. If you've missed any of the little peeks into our home sweet home before, you can take a look here, here and here!

My sewing corner...


Perfectly Peachy Pincushions...
(thank you Cath)
























And a few jars turned into itty-bitty button storage with pincushion lids...a girl can NEVER have enough pins...and pincushions...

Florals and flowers...
 
 
 
Good old Bon Maman Jam Jars...
 
 

 

Here's a little project for the wall...an old wooden toiletries box turned display shelf...

First, I glued a little fabric to the back...

 
 
Add a few embellishments...metal photo corners...vintage sewing lovelies...
 
 
 

And voila!

 
 
 All sorted! Ready...get set...sew!
 
 
 
There is nothing nicer than planning a new sewing project at a lovely, tidy desk...once the sewing starts in full swing, it will be nigh impossible to keep it that way! So, I will sew, create mess, and look back at these pictures and enjoy the tidiness that lasted for five minutes! Happy days!
 
 
Tania ♥
 
 

 

15 comments:

  1. Your sewing area looks so cute! I love all the boxes and jars and pretty things. :-D I'm a cross stitcher myself but haven't done any for a little while. Last Christmas I got my first sewing machine. I tried it once and it scared me so it's sadly languishing in the cupboard. I want to make cushions and pretty decorations but I kinda need to get the hang of the sewing machine.

    Can't wait to see what you're going to be making for Christmas. (It's okay to talk about Christmas with me. Today I baked three Christmas cakes, started on making my paper cards and have been listening to festive music. It's all goood!)

    Becky x
    beckysboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sewing area is just so cute! I love the idea of the skirt for the table. I might need to make one for my table--I could hide a big mess that way. Of course, you probably have everything organized and cute even when it's hidden away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There really aren't words enough to describe how incredibly beautiful, sweet and immensely lovely your sewing room is. You have an utterly amazing eye for timelessly gorgeous home decor.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place to work! You have inspired me to tidy up my own space - I really must!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful sewing space Tania! You have such gorgeous inks!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tania,

    I wish I had such a beautiful place to work. It looks so happy and colourful!

    Your little vintage book looks lovely :-)

    Happy new week!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love your sewing area, I have been given a sewing machine from my Grandma and I feel a little bit scared to get started however I am determined to make some Xmas gifts for the family this year :) xxx
    http://scarletrealm.blogspot.co.uk/

    Lauren xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Tania.....do you think I might be able to hop a freighter and come visit you in your wonderful sewing room? How I love...love...love all your pretty red and white checks. Just look at all your Cath Kidston pretties. I haven't been able to find her in the USA yet.
    Thank you for letting me peek inside your "playroom"!
    Hugs across the pond,
    Carolynn xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful sewing area.. I love all the pretty containers..You have such good taste [bty, my favorite color is red too]. I love your sewing desk.. With the heart cut out.. SO adorable..I really want it.lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sewing area is beautiful,

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm super excited for Christmas chocolates. Yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for showing us your lovely space!
    The photo corners on the box shelf is a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wowwww love your sewing area :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. JardindepatchworkdeRosa16 November 2014 at 01:36

    Precioso tu lugar de trabajo , enhorabuena , se te ve muy dulce

    ReplyDelete
  15. She read words before Christmas which were wishes. Nordvpn Offer 3 Year She was planning about party and made decoration papers. She Decorated to home from artificial butterflies toys and cooked food.

    ReplyDelete

Stay a while...Would love to hear from you!