Pages

Thursday 8 November 2012

Growing strawberries...

Those of you who know me well, will know that I am not green-fingered at all. I have very good intentions when I start looking after new potted friends...but before long they wilt, hang their shoulders and look forlorn, like an abandoned lover on a train station platform! I'm still trying to figure out if I give them too much love (water) or too little... I have tried talking to them, because that's what you're supposed to do right? You're supposed to talk to your plants and they'll flourish...Perhaps my conversation bores them to death? Anyhow, for now I've given up on compost, gardening gloves and dead-heading plants, and I've 'grown' some strawberries of a different kind. These are magic strawberries! I 'planted' the seeds first thing in the morning, and after some hours of 'cultivating', they had grown to epic proportions!


 
First, there was one...
 
 

 
One turned into many...


 
These sweet smelling fruity friends are for hanging...to look pretty...to shimmy up a dull door or corner...Or, they can be put to good use as pin cushions...and look pretty at the same time! They won't wilt...they won't droop...and THAT is even after they've been poked by pins! Hurrah! For now I hang up my gardening gloves...the plants will thank me...
 
Have a superb, terrific day my blogging friends!
Tania ♥


16 comments:

  1. Aww, these are really lovely ... I have a Cath Kidston strawberry pincushion, but these are even nicer! Please let me know if you decide to sell them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh, these are every bit as sweet, yummy and beautiful as real berries. Fabulous job, dear gal! I adore strawberries so, so much (both the real fruit and cute depictions of them, too) - as a child, the secret name that I used to sign my notes (passed during class - we needed pen names lest our messages were intercepted) with one of my friends was "Strawberry Marie" and I still use that today sometimes as my user name on various sites (Marie is one of my two middle names).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problems growing real plants so I can truly empathise! Your strawberries are delightful !

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mum used to have a pin cushion that looked exactly like your gorgeous strawberries Tania! Very nostalgic for me :)
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those fabric berries are much prettier than the ones I grew in my garden this past summer. It always happened that as soon as the berry turned red, the birds got in and nibbled on them. So there was never a perfect berry to eat. I may turn to just sewing my berries form now on. Guaranteed red and plump!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your strawberries are beautiful.. The whole display is gorgeous.Great work

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh gorgeous, how do you make them! I want some!really lovely, Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea! Think I have to steal it from you :-). Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are luscious and look so good in quantity - I love the colours you've used. Great idea - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet looking are they?!! They are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are lovely! Really like your choice of fabrics. Will have to give these go. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those strawberries are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are just too cute, I love your fabric choices!

    Dee at the Carlton

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are really lovely! Did you use a pattern or just make it as you went? If you used a pattern, would you be able to email me the details?

    ReplyDelete
  15. BEAUTIFUL,BEAUTIFUL,PARABÉNS.BOM DOMINGO.VALÉRIA.(BRASIL).

    ReplyDelete

Stay a while...Would love to hear from you!