Pages

Tuesday 13 August 2013

A little fresh touch...

So, spring cleaning never hopped, skipped and jumped out of my reach this year, as we travelled to South Africa, and I never got round to doing it. I'm having to play catch up in a big way! The kitchen has been looking a little more shabby than chic of late, so I've had to reach for the old marigolds and cream cleaner in order to get it looking crisper! The 'Deep Clean' soon turned into a little re-decorating too, as the paintwork had suffered the gusto of a toddler hurricane! I'm pleased to say that, a WHOLE bottle of cream cleaner, four scouring sponges and a tidal wave of hot water later, it is now smelling fresh as daisies!

Sleeves rolled up, ready to start...it always gets worse before it gets better!


























There is always reward at the end of a big spring clean. This time it was the discovery of a whole set of Jaj Rose Pyrex, which I have been coveting for a while! Found it in a charity shop and paid pennies for it! Happy girl...♥


























I can smell the freshness!































The paint is dry...the cooker is clean...


























Time for a cuppa...


























Well, it feels great! The only thing is...there are many more rooms waiting for the duster...

Blessings
Tania ♥

6 comments:

  1. Oh Tania, your kitchen is gorgeous! I'd love one with table in it, mine is quite small ... funny though, because as we speak, I am surrounded in my dining room, by kitchenalia of all kinds, as I am 'deep cleaning' my kitchen too! Haven't taken any pics though as decorating will have to come later!

    Have a lovely day

    Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen is lovey Tania; all your vintage things look right at home. I love your table & chair too ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen is very pretty and I do love the feeling of a good spring clean xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I love your new Pyrex - so pretty!

    xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohhh, I know I've said it before, and I don't want to veer into broken record territory too much, but goodness gracious, dear Tania, every last square inch of your house is so incredibly pretty!!!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitchen looks beautiful Tania! Wish I had your energy if it comes to cleaning :-). Good luck with the other rooms!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete

Stay a while...Would love to hear from you!