Pages

Friday 15 August 2014

Sail Away...

'Mermaid kisses and starfish wishes'

There is something so very magical about the way the waves kiss the shoreline, and nothing soothes your soul quite like the feeling of sand between your toes, and the waves drowning out your woes...To me, the biggest joy of summer is a day spent at the beach. Having enjoyed the most perfect two days at the English Coast not so long ago, I came home dreaming about sailing away...


























Three boats went a sailing...'Love', 'Joy' and 'Hope'...Do you remember folding paper boats and setting them to sail in a puddle? Making these took me all the way back to my childhood...



I figured that I'd like to surround myself with reminders of happy, sunny, beachy days...And so, the dresser has been redressed...again...Let's go to the beach...


























Let's build a sandcastle...



















































...and spend our pocket money on some rock...
These Batger's Confectioner tins were a boot sale find. They have been around for more than fifty years...at least...so nostalgic...


























Honeycomb 'beach balls'...


























A cheery summer dresser...



















































Ready for a day at the beach? Let's sail away...

Blessings



16 comments:

  1. What a dreamy, enchantingly pretty scene you've created. Those paper boats with the bunting flag sails are especially magnificent!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica! Thank you! I love playing house, as you know! They were a lot of fun to make! Hope all is well with you, and that you are feeling better now! Tania xxx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous summer post...I adore those boats & your amazing pretty dresser...Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi May! Thank you so very much! It is lovely of you to stop by, and to say hello! I have looked at your lovely blog, and it is a delight! When things are a little quieter, I will pop the kettle on and have a proper read! Blessings, Tania x

      Delete

Stay a while...Would love to hear from you!