Pages

Monday 13 April 2015







































It is time for a fresh start. April. With it's arrival, there are spring blooms...colour...grey skies making way for blue...The Magnolia tree outside my window is draped in luscious pink blooms of stature. I always think there is something quite regal about a magnolia flower...the way it sits upright, bold and sure of itself. The days are lighter...brighter...And may mood is lifted. Suddenly the hibernation of winter seems tedious, tiresome, and my hands long to get busy as I wake from the lazy slumber that has consumed me for months. And just like that Magnolia flower, I suddenly feel braver, energised, ready to stand tall again...And so, I have been 'doing'...'making'...'creating'...

A little painting...







































A bit of sewing...A spring birdie!






























A little re-dressing...the dresser...again...
I lined the back of the dresser with lovely Tilda paper,and dressed it with my favourite mismatched china...and a Liberty garland...






























Some baking...
Who doesn't like a cupcake? Homemade with butter cream icing...yum...





























...in a freshly scrubbed kitchen of course!
A new 'oh-so kitsch' oilcloth for the kitchen table!































And some homemaking...or faffing to be precise!
The little oil can was a thrifty find from an antiques fair...humble yet beautiful me thinks! Inspired by the lovely Sarah Moore, I've made some lavender pillows. I opted to make them in graduating sizes as a little stack. The smell is amazing!































And so I'm ready for a fresh start...

Blessings

2 comments:

  1. Splendidly lovely photos and decor. I pretty much want to fill my house with blossoms from carpet to ceiling after slogging our way through another lengthy Canadian winter. :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spettacolari le tue foto... adoro la tua cucina e il mobile decorato!!!

    ReplyDelete

Stay a while...Would love to hear from you!