Pages

Sunday 24 January 2016

Lemsip and a paint brush...

Hello lovelies! I hope you are all still enjoying what's left of the weekend, and that the early onset of the Monday blues aren't chomping at your heels just yet! My weekend has been a mixed bag...Most of it has been spent trying to shift a nasty cold which seems to have me in a vice grip. I suppose it's just the season we're in. Those who know me well, will know that I just can't sit still for too long. It has been particularly hard this weekend, as I had so much I wanted to get done, and all my body felt like doing was staying horizontal! But, as usual my overactive mind won, and willed me out of bed for long enough to tackle a little painting project I've been meaning to get round to.

I was given a beautiful old glass fronted cabinet in a dark wood a while back. It is a beautiful piece, but had some damage to the glass front of one of the doors. For a while I've toyed with the idea of painting it, or leaving it as is. On a whim, I decided to reach for the paint brush this weekend, after finally deciding on a purpose for this piece. It is going to be used as storage for sewing fabrics and pretties.

Before...



I used some leftover Annie Sloan chalk paint in Versailles, as I have painted some other pieces in the same colour. It is a beautiful, fresh green that offers the ideal back drop for some pastel pretties. Once the painting and waxing was done between sips of Lemsip, I papered the back with some favourite Tilda papers. I am so pleased with the end result!


As one of the glass panels is damaged, I decided to remove the doors until I can have it repaired. So for now, I have open shelves.




And now my beautiful old vintage Singer sewing machine has pride of place on top too! I know there will be a lot more faffing once I feel better, but the hard work is done!

Enjoy what's left of Sunday, and have a super week!

Blessings






4 comments:

  1. That is really beautiful - I like it without the doors ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous makeover. I really like the soft, sweet shade of creamy beige you opted for. You definitely breathed new and even more beautiful life into this piece.

    Sending tons of feel better wishes your way,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Stay a while...Would love to hear from you!